CONDOR, FALCON and CYGNET Run on zIIPs in MVS 18.0
The latest releases of VSE/ESA CONDOR, CYGNET and FALCON are ready and available to our customers. Release 18.0 (z/OS) changes are the result of valuable customer feedback and suggestions. Some of the enhancements include:
- CONDOR, FALCON and CYGNET now run on IBM SYSTEM z9 Integrated Information Processors (zIIPs). The new multitasked design will result in an overall reduction of CPU resources and improved response times even if zIIPs are not available.
- The system now allows multiple profiles. In Release 18.0, the $$USERS member may be searched multiple times to locate the profile entry to be assigned in the following order:
- Searched by Group ID
- Searched by the last used profile name if known
- Searched on the first available authorized profile entry
- Searched on the first non-rejected profile entry
- The OLPS AUDIT command displays real-time library security reports. These reports can be selected by library, user ID or profile/security level. Full access to the OLPS AUDIT command requires a user profile defined with “CONTROL” access.
- FLCNUTIL now includes an optional user exit for backup and restore operations. This feature may prove useful for data privacy considerations.
- The View Batch (VW) and Dump Record (DR) commands may be disabled.
- FLCNUTIL return codes may be specified on the OLDSLIST macro.
VSE/ESA and z/OS products are available for download from our web site. Be sure to have your customer number and a valid CPUID ready when you fill out the software request form. After submitting the form, you will receive an email with a decryption code and URL for the download.