Real-Time Library Security Reports in VSE 24.0
The latest releases of VSE/ESA CONDOR, CYGNET and FALCON are ready and available to our customers. Release 24.0 (VSE/ESA) changes are the result of valuable customer feedback and suggestions. Some of the enhancements include:
- The OLPS AUDIT command now displays real-time library security reports. These reports can be selected by library, user ID or profile/security level. Full access to the OLPS AUDIT command requires a user profile defined with "CONTROL" access.
- The system now allows multiple profiles. In Release 18.0, the $$USERS member may be searched multiple times to locate the profile entry to be assigned in the following order:
- Searched by Group ID
- Searched by the last used profile name if known
- Searched on the first available authorized profile entry
- Searched on the first non-rejected profile entry
- FLCNUTIL now includes an optional user exit for backup and restore operations. This feature may prove useful for data privacy considerations.
- The View Batch (VW) and Dump Record (DR) commands may be disabled.
- FLCNUTIL return codes may now be specified on the OLDSLIST macro.
VSE/ESA and z/OS products are available for download from our web site. Be sure to have your customer number and a valid CPUID ready when you fill out the software request form. After submitting the form, you will receive an email with a decryption code and URL for the download.